Connecting to LinkedIn...

W1siziisijiwmtuvmdyvmtyvmtmvmzevntivndm3l25ldgzsaxhfagvhzgvylmpwzyjdlfsiccisinrodw1iiiwimtkymhgzmzujil1d

Murray has “no regrets” after serving up Twitter storm

Murray has "no regrets" after serving up Twitter storm regarding Scottish referendum

The recent vote on Scottish independence captured the imagination of the British public, across a number of social media platforms.

There was heavy representation from members of the United Kingdom on the social networking service, Twitter, including a number of celebrities.

Andy Murray

Andy Murray, the 2013 gentleman’s Wimbledon champion, voiced his opinion with reference to the vote with an emotional and extremely subjective post.

There was no love lost between a small minority of English nationalists, who felt Murray was distancing himself from the UK.

The tweet was negatively received on the whole; which led to the Scottish athlete being subjected to an avalanche of unfavourable comments, described by Police Scotland as “vile”.

Although Murray was quick to admit he published the message without thinking through the consequences; he still believes he is entitled to express his own opinions freely.

However, rather than allowing his passion for the topic to cloud his overall judgement, he would have preferred to act in a more professional manner.

Team GB

Following the decision for Scotland to remain as part of the United Kingdom, Murray has reiterated his support for Great Britain by committing his sporting future to the united cause.

Alex Salmond, Scotland’s First Minister of Scotland during the referendum, angered Murray by attempting to use the athlete’s Wimbledon triumph as an opportunity to strengthen his own political campaign.

Murray reportedly felt uncomfortable in the aftermath of his victory as he witnessed Salmond parade a Scottish flag behind David Cameron, in an unpopular bid to boost the recognition of the Scottish National Party (SNP).

W1siziisijiwmtuvmdmvmtyvmtuvndgvntgvmzqzl0niefjhsnlfmzawedmwmc5qcgvnil0swyjwiiwidgh1bwiilcixmjawedywmfx1mdazzsjdxq

Scottish referendum

The final result illustrated that the polls leading up to the vote were not quite as close as expected.

55.3% of the Scottish public (2,001,926 people) opted to remain as part of the UK, as opposed to the the remaining 44.7% (1,617,989 people).

The only certainty, following the failure for Scotland to gain independence, is that there will be changes made across the United Kingdom. Whether Westminster decides to stay true to their word is yet to be seen.

David Cameron has once again divided the public’s opinion by suggesting to Conservative MPs and supporters that Scottish MPs will no longer be allowed to vote on English laws.

This tactic is a possible ploy to gain an advantage in the upcoming general election.

W1siziisijiwmtuvmdmvmjmvmtcvmtivmjqvmjqwl1njcmvlbl9tag90xziwmtvfmdnfmjnfyxrfmtcumteundyucg5nil0swyjwiiwidgh1bwiilcizmdb4mjuwiyjdxq
W1siziisijiwmtuvmdmvmjmvmtcvmtivmzmvntq1l1njcmvlbl9tag90xziwmtvfmdnfmjnfyxrfmtcumteundiucg5nil0swyjwiiwidgh1bwiilcizmdb4mjuwiyjdxq
W1siziisijiwmtuvmdmvmjmvmtcvmtivndivmtm2l1njcmvlbl9tag90xziwmtvfmdnfmjnfyxrfmtcumteuntqucg5nil0swyjwiiwidgh1bwiilcizmdb4mjuwiyjdxq

ALMOST 3 YEARS AGO BY JAMES O'ROURKE